We are looking for a Head of Training to help us plan, design, and produce world-class learning materials, both for virtual and in-person (in the future) training courses for our incredible community of Portfolio Professionals.
Who are we?
The Portfolio Collective (TPC) was set up by Ben Legg (former COO of Google Europe) in July of 2020 with our COO Fiona Chorlton-Voong and CTO Jesus Iniesta. We could see that the future of work has been and is being accelerated by the pandemic and decided to shape it for the better. You can learn more in our recent Future of Careers article.
Since we started: we have organised events, with over 1,000 participants; built a website, with over 20,000 unique visitors; built a professional network platform, with over 500 members; and produced the biggest library of content for portfolio professionals in the world. We have a team of 10 people (and growing) who are passionate about helping portfolio professionals to succeed.
What we are building and how you can help
The Head of Training will be responsible for planning, designing and producing world class learning materials, both for virtual and in-person (in the future) training courses for our incredible community of Portfolio Professionals.
This role covers the entire cycle of content development, from conducting the initial needs assessment to designing, testing, delivering, adjusting and measuring the impact of the instructional content.
Over time this role may evolve into a leadership role, leading a team of internal and external trainers and experts, with full accountability for this line of business within The Portfolio Collective.
You will report into Fiona Chorlton-Voong, Chief Operating Officer & Co-Founder.
- Strategy. Working with our leadership team and subject matter experts, seek to understand portfolio professional learning needs and define our entire learning strategy and roadmap.
- Design. Design and create end-to-end workshop and course structure and content.
- Learning Management System. Leveraging our LMS (Learndash), create the resources required to facilitate effective learning and to create a “world class” experience for our community.
- Delivery. Ensure world class delivery and facilitation, in some cases doing it yourself, while in others working with subject matter experts and community members.
- Analytics. Continuously monitor effectiveness of all activities in a data-driven way, generating and executing plans for improvement.
- Financials. You will have profit & loss accountability for all paid learning offerings, so will need to understand the cost to design, fill & deliver courses, plus optimal pricing strategies to achieve the optimal balance of attendance and profitability.
- Record Content. Appear and partake in video and podcast production. Deliver public speaking engagements as and when required.
- Coaching. Engage in follow-on one to one coaching with community members.
- Innovation. Using feedback, market research and interviews with subject matter experts, develop new modules, programs and implement new learning technologies and techniques.
We are looking for someone with:
- Passion for helping professionals everywhere launch and sustain successful portfolio careers.
- 5+ years of work experience in design and developing learning content for a large corporate or consulting organisation.
- Demonstrable experience in independently designing, developing, planning and implementing e-learning modules and virtual sessions.
- Experience in the Management Consulting or Professional Services sectors is preferred, but we will also consider someone with E-Learning experience from within a multinational firm in any other sector.
- Industry certifications in e-learning design and/or instructional design.
- Proven understanding of learning principles, frameworks and tools relevant for designing blended programs.
- Ability to balance dynamic work demands in a challenging, fast-paced start-up environment with numerous stakeholders to satisfy collaborating across different fields of expertise.
- High self-motivation to lead your own mini-business and continually raise the bar.
- Professionalism and attention to detail regarding course design and delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities.
What can we offer you?
Alongside your salary, to be discussed upon application, and a role with the room to evolve, we also offer free lifetime access to the community we are building, and the opportunity to work alongside a top notch team with decades of experience in startups and unicorn building.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your covering note and link to your LinkedIn profile. From there the process will include a screening survey, followed by case studies and interviews for those selected.