About the job
What is 01Founders?
01Founders is a new type of software engineering school, training students from zero digital skills to high-end full stack engineers in two years, through an innovative, peer-to-peer education model.
The model is free for students, teacher-less, gamified and project-based, based on the established pedagogy of 01Edu (the team behind Ecole42 and numerous successful coding schools worldwide), and supported by the brand and ecosystem of Founders Forum, Europe’s premier entrepreneur community and a family of businesses that exist to support entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey.
At 01Founders, we have an opportunity to remove financial barriers to high-quality digital education, looking to enable people all over the UK, from all walks of life, to learn how to code.
The school is entirely free for students and every student is guaranteed a job through a corporate partnership model. We will target segments of the population who wouldn’t ordinarily consider software engineering as a viable career path – given the high barriers to entry of traditional tertiary education.
Having secured Seed funding and initial corporate partners, we are currently building a team to launch the London school in Autumn 2021, with plans to expand nationwide shortly afterwards.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical and collaborative Head of Operations to join the founding team of this business, and help us upend the current software engineering education space.
Reporting directly into the C-Suite, the Head of Operations will build and run school operations, including but not limited to:
- Establishing financial, legal and operational processes across the 01F business, including working with the CEO on the business plan, cash flow and financial planning
- Structuring and managing the internal processes of the company and its operations from day one (Org chart, managing Objectives and Key Results, tracking key performance indicators and internal reporting structures, etc)
- Hiring, training and managing operations team members, including student community manager, wellbeing supervisor, tech support and network support staff.
- Supporting the CEO in the implementation of 01Edu education platform, while adapting the curriculum to suit the UK market
- Preparing the school campus in coordination with the real estate operator, according to the designated space plan, equipment and operating guidelines
- Managing the day to day relationship between operational stakeholders: our education partner (including its technical team), Founders Forum, real estate operator, corporate partners, and vendors
- Supporting the build and management of the student community including events, strategic partner initiatives, and other campus activities
- Ensuring the business complies from all data protection laws and works within all UK legal frameworks
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on the school’s operational performance to the CEO and, when required, supporting with Board presentations
As the Head of Operations, you will possess:
- Proven experience of 3-5 years in a similar operational or strategy role
- Excellent project management and coordination skills, ideally in a fast-paced, small organisation or start-up environment
- Exceptional organisational skills, with a keen eye for detail
- A collaborative, proactive approach where you’re comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting into whatever needs doing most
- Familiarity with (or desire to learn) all business functions including HR, finance, supply chain and IT
- Experience with implementing IT systems and financial planning
- Outstanding communication skills
- An analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Comfort working in an uncertain, unstructured environment
- Experience leading and managing teams is desirable
Beyond joining the initial team of a revolutionary new coding school, we can offer:
- £50K – £60K salary
- Negotiable equity
- Pension and insurance
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
|Job Category||Information Technology, Operations|