What is 01Founders?
01Founders is a new type of software engineering school, training students from zero digital skills to high-end full stack engineers in two years, through an innovative, peer-to-peer education model.
The model is free for students, teacher-less, gamified and project-based, based on the established pedagogy of 01Edu (the team behind Ecole42 and numerous successful coding schools worldwide), and supported by the brand and ecosystem of Founders Forum, Europe’s premier entrepreneur community and a family of businesses that exist to support entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey.
At 01Founders, we have an opportunity to remove financial barriers to high-quality digital education, looking to enable people all over the UK, from all walks of life, to learn how to code.
The school is entirely free for students and every student is guaranteed a job through a corporate partnership model. We will target segments of the population who wouldn’t ordinarily consider software engineering as a viable career path – given the high barriers to entry of traditional tertiary education.
Having secured Seed funding and initial corporate partners, we are currently building a team to launch the London school in Autumn 2021, with plans to expand nationwide shortly afterwards.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical and collaborative Chief Commercial Officer to join the founding team of this business, and help us upend the current software engineering education space.
As our Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Driving profitable growth and market share by executing our business development, marketing, scholarships, and sales strategy
- Generating and managing all three revenue lines of the business, including building, growing and closing our pipeline:
- company partnerships (both scaleups and corporates)
- companies interested in our reskilling/upskilling packages
- potential employers of our graduates as well as companies interested in hiring our talent for short term projects
- Developing bespoke packages for our company partners, serving as key account manager and continuously refining the commercial proposition
- Developing and managing our customer success strategy
- Reaching, and reporting, on the business plan’s revenue objectives to the board
As our Chief Commercial Officer, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Passionate about growing a mission-driven, educational enterprise
- Entrepreneurial with sales instincts, can build from the bottom up to build a compelling value proposition for partnering companies
- Natural networking abilities and commercial acumen
- Sharp interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with C-level executives;
- Good understanding of developing and executing sales KPIs, lead generation, CRM and funnel management using data to optimise conversion at each stage of the funnel
- Relentlessly resourceful, highly self-motivated, creative problem solver and are objective-driven
- 5 years of experience in a business development/sales role, preferably in the tech sector
Beyond joining the initial team of a revolutionary new coding school, we can offer:
- £60K – £80K salary
- Negotiable equity
- Pension and insurance
|Business Development, Sales