About the job
What is 01Founders?
01Founders is a new type of software engineering school, training students from zero digital skills to high-end full stack engineers in two years, through an innovative, peer-to-peer education model.
The model is free for students, teacher-less, gamified and project-based, based on the established pedagogy of 01Edu (the team behind Ecole42 and numerous successful coding schools worldwide), and supported by the brand and ecosystem of Founders Forum, Europe’s premier entrepreneur community and a family of businesses that exist to support entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey.
At 01Founders, we have an opportunity to remove financial barriers to high-quality digital education, looking to enable people all over the UK, from all walks of life, to learn how to code.
The school is entirely free for students and every student is guaranteed a job through a corporate partnership model. We will target segments of the population who wouldn’t ordinarily consider software engineering as a viable career path – given the high barriers to entry of traditional tertiary education.
Having secured Seed funding and initial corporate partners, we are currently building a team to launch the London school in Autumn 2021, with plans to expand nationwide shortly afterwards.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and collaborative Student Engagement Associate to join the founding team of this business, find and support a community of learners, and help us upend the current software engineering education space.
Reporting directly into the Head of Operations, the Communications and Student Engagement Officer will be responsible for leading all student acquisition activities. In this role you will:
- Build and develop our candidate acquisition and outreach strategy including proactively developing and building relationships with community organisations, schools and colleges on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop and implement events and engagement strategies for candidates, including hackathons and other campus activities.
- Engage with prospective community partners as potential event speakers and marketing channel partners.
- Create the content and resources you need to deliver these engagements including marketing collateral for events and social media, and FAQs.
- Track and report on the engagement and impact of marketing campaigns and student acquisition events to continually iterate and land our message.
- Manage our presence on core social media channels.
- Be our website guardian – informing and optimising our website copy, launching new pages, with a keen eye for detail.
- Handle inbound enquiries from prospective candidates, maintaining an up to date candidate CRM database.
- Manage the school’s official updates, partner and candidate communications.
- You are a self-starter who can learn quickly and master new skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a love of grammar
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for work – we are a small team so we’re looking for enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- Experience of different social media channels and confidence experimenting with new ways to engage a community.
- 3-4 years in a content, social media, marketing, administration, or community role
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (e.g. Hootsuite and Google Analytics)
- Experience in planning and executing paid social media campaigns
- Confidence in analysing data and reporting numbers
Beyond joining the initial team of a revolutionary new coding school, we can offer:
- £25 – £30 salary
- Pension and insurance
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
|Job Category||Content Creation, Social Media/Marketing|